Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Deliver Us From Evil

February 15th 2004

And now the most intense minutes you’ll spend today from the latest pickings of the Wartime Grapevine!

National Defense and Media History

I pose this question for the undecided and those controlled by the propaganda coming from the Internet and major broadcast entities, (also known as ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, NPR, MTV, BBC or commonly referred to as the Liberal Media). In the major election coming in November, if they were registered, in voting for the next term of 4 years for President of the United States, who would the terrorist or Al Qieda choose for the most powerful office on earth?
It was understood when I was growing up, by my family and I, that the powerful network media broadcasters wielded a forceful and authoritative influence on the nation when it comes to politics. Mildly suggestive prose given with the right picture might sway millions of voters from choosing the best person to lead the nation. I saw this first hand as I saw the media intentionally and with vigor go after President Ronald Reagan with fear of what the world would be like if he were elected. I heard them strike terror into the airwaves and loathing towards Ronald Reagan should he become the leader of America. But then I would hear Ronald Reagan speak, limited by some media broadcasters, and yet my heart would be gleeful and proud as he spoke about the True America I believed in. He spoke plainly and directly to the American people about Americas greatness and how she would be a shining light on a hill for the rest of the world to look to in the future. And I was hooked! And as I remember it, the main media giants of the time were wrong in their predictions and never guessed that President Reagan would defeat the Soviet Union without firing a shot. He made us proud to be Americans again. Think about that. Former President Carter had not negotiated the Iranian Hostages to freedom. I was there during that time, and amazingly right before Ronald Reagan became President the hostages were released. Why? Because they knew Reagan was coming for them. Taxes were lowered from 78% down to 25% during the Reagan tax cuts, and Reagan told Gorbacev to "Tear down this wall", and the Berlin wall fell. The Cold War was over.
I remember learning of The Cold War in school and never dreamed in my lifetime we would see its end. I was proud back then of being an American, not because my father held these values as I did. In fact when I could vote I often thought carefully of the influence my father may have had on me concerning the choice I would make. I realized later how his guidance was influential and that his understanding of politics was very keen, and valued. As Reagan guided us back in love with America and stood in optimism with honor and values for freedom and Democracy for the world the media trembled and liberals plotted. It is a fact that most popular Democrats today that seek to be in power again were the same ones who cut our military and CIA services that opposed Reagan, and now President Bush. In 1990 I was again proud to be an American fighting on the side of the coalition of freedom that kicked Saddam out of Kuwait. But along the way as I lived in bigger cities and was bombarded by the liberal media I had forgotten the power they could constrain and manipulate. I had become socialized and complacent in the influence of living in big Democratically controlled liberal media cities. I am at least proud that I never voted for the Impeached President Clinton. And not so proud that I could not vote after moving and not registering in time. Before the Reagan years my father would wave the flag. He would bother to post it proudly on the holidays and later on a pole in our yard of our mid-western town Quincy Illinois. I am proud that he saw America as great as it is even before Ronald Reagan reminded us, and I will never forget that. And before September 11th 2001 I was flying the flag again. I had one in my work truck so that everywhere I went it could be seen in my passenger seat. On the night of September 10th 2001 I was moving some equipment in my van and the flag on a stick in a milk crate that I had flown for a couple of years had broken. I’ll never forget how I felt. At first I was angry, which gave way to sadness but not tears, they would come tomorrow, on the day of the worst attack on America since Pearl Harbor. 911.

Page Two March 2, 2004.

Deliver Us From Evil

It would appear that the Democrats in big cities will choose John Kerry as their front runner to engage a chance for the White House. But I think the American people are more concerned about National Security than jobs, healthcare, or gay marriage. I have been reading "Deliver Us From Evil" (defeating terrorism, despotism, and liberalism), by Sean Hannity, and it has put in words what I have struggled with since 911 but have not the words to say. I also listened to Charles Krauthammer a columnist honored at a dinner on CSPAN, and his words were so sharp, and to the point, they cut through right to the heart of this battle for freedom we are in. I have included them in the hope one of you will take heart and the time to read it. I suggest a bit everyday for a week, as it is lengthy and wordy. I had to use the dictionary a bit on this one. Perhaps one of you will register to vote before November. I cannot emphasize the significance of where each of us stands in the War on Terror. Our very existence as a free nation hangs in the balance. I am sure some of you will pay very little attention to this article and see it as much to do about nothing. Yet I urge you to stand and fight like you have never fought before. Hold fast to those core values and love of America and bring your (A) game to the arena. For we fight both in ideas and action. We must support our country and beliefs. We must vote. But first we must register to vote. It takes little time but has big implications. We have not the right to complain and despise those we choose to represent us in this War on Terror when we do not vote. Be sure that 19 UN-authorized individuals voted on September 11th, 2001. They voted to end 3000 lives, but sought to end tens of thousands more. I am sure you have all heard of a Suitcase Nuclear Bomb, right? What if just one, not 5 or ten, but one were set and detonated, it would ignite 800,000 or millions of people into ash in the time it takes to light a match. Pick your city and imagine America without it. New York maybe? Washington DC? Or perhaps Chicago? Now it is easy to see how this could happen in this day and age. But I must grant you that I am doubtful we can stop it. I would like to be optimistic about this, especially since we have more eyes focused on the unusual by both The Department of Homeland Security and 3 out of 10 Americans. I say this from my experience as a Technician working at the Hilton at O’Hare airport. Perhaps I have seen too many Die Hard movies but I was always very conscious of how easy it would be for someone to infiltrate the busiest International Airport just from the Hilton and do a lot of damage before they could be stopped. I stopped servicing this hotel way before 911 and I am sure security since then is better. But, what if? If a major city were to get nuked the ground would be radioactive for 100’s of years. If a biological were used not only the deaths would be awful and despicable our sense of security would change and our economy would probably crash. Just what Al Qieada wants. Most everyone knows where I stand on what the face of this countries President should look like when the Al Qieada terrorist tunes in his satellite system from the Middle East on November 3rd 2004. If it were John Kerry they might see Jane Fonda in the background, and in my opinion a chance to bring murder to our cities and terror to our Homeland! And I want somebody from the Democratic Party to publicly denounce and apologize for the Parties transgressions and anti-Americanism. Oh, never mind Zell Miller already did that, in his book. Read Krauthammer’s speech. Challenge your source of media for the truth. Keep your eyes open for the Al Qieada cell plotting in your backyard. They’re here, you can be certain of that. Fly the American flag somewhere. Read the Constitution at least once before your 40 years old. Question the mainstream Liberal Media! VOTE. And may God Bless America!

No comments: